Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Social Media Webinar

This noon I joined a webinar for social media named “10 keys to social media success: Social Media for results” which was conducted by Social Media Marketing University. It was a good webinar and I did get some useful information from it.

In this 45-minute webinar, three big questions are talked—first, how social media is impacting today’s business; second, leveraging web2.0 for business success; third, 10 keys to social media marketing success. There is no doubt that social media can play a really important role on business’ success and web2.0 provides a broader way for social media.

One interesting thing I noticed in this webinar is that the speaker talked about “the big four social media outlets” which are Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. And he explained previously they talked about “the big three” which did not include YouTube. But nowadays they noticed that YouTube is really a important social media platform which they could not ignore. I quite agree with this decision since YouTube has been the second large search engine on web. And recently I did a research on how Starbucks use social media to boost its success. I found that Starbucks pay quite attention to its YouTube channel.

The ten keys for social media success are: Leverage LinkedIn Groups to become a thought leader; Use blog comment sections to foster relationships; Integrate video into social media marketing mix; Leverage mobile to drive business; Use Facebook groups to find best customers; Integrate search engine optimization into social strategy; Create high performance PPC campaigns; Tie-in email marketing with social presence; Use strategic PR to increase visibility; Localize your presence.

I was happy to find that much of the strategies mentioned in this webinar are also covered in our social media class which means these strategies will really have a big influence on the business’  success of social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment