One of several useful functions for social media such as Facebook and Twitter is to “position and brand yourself”. According the reading material of “Twitter Revolution: Chapter15—Chapter 16”, there are kinds of ways to manage your personal branding through social media successfully. For example, “Please don’t publish a new blog post, and tweet, a boring tweet like: here’s the link. Give your followers a compelling reason to click on your link and check out your blog”.
I quite agree with the idea by good managing and marketing yourself though social media, you could build a nice personal brand and get very well benefit. Such as the several accounts with the special stars on Weibo (I mentioned this in another blg post)—by tweets very often, they get themselves famous though social media. But I’m sure we will lose some kinds of privacy at the same time. With the development of our modern technology, we are losing our privacies little by little.
I can still remember one viewpoint from a guest for another class. He said it is impossible to keep our privacy well since we live in this modern society unless we throw way our cell phones and credit cards. It is kind of a joke but it is true.
I got the idea that Facebook has added a new function named “Timeline” from another blog. By using timeline, you can add your photos which you think are important in your lifetime to make a “life-line” on Facebook. This is a wonderful and also helpful invention. But also, it will reveal our privacies, again. Advertisers should love this invention since they can make their ads more personalized. But once you put your photos there, you anticipate others to see them, don’t you?
I agree that personal branding through social media sites can be very successful. It can also be detrimental to your brand if you don't treat it right. I don't know what Weibo is but I see that you talk about it a lot! Time to do some research...
ReplyDelete