Friday, September 2, 2011

Reactions to Introduction Part of PR2.0

By reading the introduction part and Chapter 7 of our textbook PR2.0, I get some ideas.

In the introduction part, the author described the structure of PR2.0 and raise the question: are you ready to be 2.0 ready? He mentioned several social media and argued that the new PR toolkit maps out the different stages of accepting technologies. they are early adopters, early majority, late majority, and laggards.

The early adopters are people who do not want to take risks. Potential adopters look to early adopters for advice and information about the innovation. Because early adopters are not so far ahead of the average individual in  innovativeness, they serve as a role model for many other members of a social system.

This makes me remember the time I used Weibo in China about two years ago. At that time, Weibo just started in China as a Chinese version of twitter because of the forbiddance of twitter by Chinese Government. I was in my forth year of undergraduate and at that time one of my roommates interned in SINA company which is one of the biggest internet media companies in China. She worked for the promotion of Weibo and recommended me to use it. So I become one of early adopters for Weibo. Just as the theory says, I watched my roommate for more information and also I was watched by others who had the intention to use Weibo.

How time flies! It has been two years and Weibo has become one of the most important social media in China. What's more, it has become the tool I use most.



resource:
PR2.0 New media, New tools, New audiences  by Deirdre Breakenridge

No comments:

Post a Comment