Friday, September 2, 2011

New Way to News

These days twitter has become one of my most important tools to get news. Actually the time I use twitter is much more than the one I use facebook. And it is a kind of weird that I do not like to write twitters but I like to watch what other people are talking about. And I like follow other people but do not like to be followed.

It is seemed that I'm wasting the vital function of twitter-- making mediocre individuals more powerful in the world. Anyway, I just want to hide myself after the screen and watch what is happening all around the world. I know there are some people just like me--do not write anything, just follow others. This should be an interesting research topic about whether some people do not like to use the social media's inportant function to empower themselves. I think I may try this topic if I have the chance.

Since twitter and facebook is forbidden in China, I also has a Chinese version twitter( named Weibo) and a Chinese version facebook( named Renren) account. I use them a lot. I check my Weibo at least 3 times a day even though I'm super busy on that day. And it is quite interesting that the people I follow in Weibo are quite different from the people I follow in twitter. I would like to follow news orgnizations in twitter to get news timely while in Weibo I much more like to follow individuals who have the same interests in movies, songs, and animations with me. Maybe the culture backgroud is the most  important reason for this phenomenon.

Anyway, thans to twitter, as well as Weibo.

No comments:

Post a Comment